E-books and E-audiobooks
Expand your reading options with our extensive collections of digital best seller and classic titles.
E-books and E-Audiobooks are now available with your library card through Libby, Library to Go and Hoopla Digital. E-magazines are also available through Libby.
What is Libby by OverDrive?
Libby by OverDrive is the leading digital platform for libraries and schools worldwide.
Libby offers thousands of fiction and non fiction E-Books and E-Audiobooks. It provides round the clock access to check out, return or place holds on digital items. If an item is available, it can be used instantly.
All materials automatically return themselves, so there are never any late fees.
** Please note that starting in October 2021, Libby is no longer supported on iPhones or iPads running iOS 9 **
Loan period: E-Books, E-Audiobooks and E-Magazines check out for your choice of 7, 14, or 21 days.
Checkout limit: 10 titles at a time Hold limit: 8 titles Hold period: 3 days
Renewals: Available 3 days before due date
How do I get started?
* Download the Libby getting started guide
* Determine device you would like to use - desktop, laptop computer or mobile device
* Download Libby through the App Store or Google Play. Or visit libbyapp.com for browser access.
* Using your library card, sign up for an account.
What is Library to Go by OverDrive?
Library to Go by OverDrive is a collection of digital resources that are shared by several library systems.
It functions like Libby by OverDrive and offers the same loan periods, checkouts and hold limits.
What is Hoopla Digital?
Hoopla Digital is a one stop shop for your streaming digital media needs and all items are available immediately. Hoopla offers E-books and Audiobooks, Comics, Music, TV, and Movies. All borrowed items automatically return themselves, so there are never any late fees.
Available on your desktop, phone, tablet, Alexa devices, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV and Android TV!
Download Hoopla Digital through the App Store or Google Play.
Loan period: 21 days (E-Books, E-Audiobooks and E-Comics) / 7 days (Music) / 3 days (Movies and TV Shows)
Checkout limit: 6 items per month Hold limit: No holds, materials are always available
How do I get started?
* Download Hoopla Digital app through the App Store or Google Play. Alternatively, visit hoopladigital.com through your internet browser.
* Sign up for an account at Hoopla Digital using your email address and create 4-digital personal identification number (PIN). Next select your library by searching for "Placer County Library". Finally, enter your Placer County Library card number to finish setting up your Hoopla account.