Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA) Program
The Placer County Housing Authority is providing rental subsidies to very low-income and low-income individuals and families in Placer County that were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and meet the program eligibility criteria.
Rental subsidies for the program will continue through September 30, 2021 and include assistance with up to four months of unpaid back rent and late fees (not to exceed $2,500) accrued after March 13, 2020. This LIMITED TIME program is scheduled to END on 9/30/2021 and is limited to funds available. See this flyer for more information.
To be referred for TBRA assistance, the household must first contact Placer County’s 211 system by dialing 211 or 1-833-DIAL211 to be screened for program eligibility.
To be eligible for TBRA assistance, the household must meet the following criteria:
- Must currently be renting or leasing a unit in Placer County (excluding Roseville City Limits) in accordance with a written rental agreement.
- The household must be income eligible for the program (see chart below for income limits).
- The household must currently be renting or leasing a unit in accordance with a written rental agreement that satisfies the TBRA Program requirements.
- The owner of the unit must be willing to enter into a rental assistance agreement with Placer County through the TBRA Program.
- At least of one of the following criteria must be met:
- The household includes a member that has tested positive for COVID-19 and must quarantine so the wage earner(s) are unable to attend work or;
- The household has experienced a documented decrease in total gross monthly household income of at least 30% because of the pandemic or;
- The household has experienced a documented loss of income due to the pandemic and is behind or falling behind on rent.
|Income Limits (As of April 26, 2021) by Household Size|
|Income Category||1 Person||2 Persons||3 Persons||4 Persons||5 Persons||6 Persons||7 Persons||8 Persons|
Source: State Income Limits for 2021, HCD Memorandum dated April 26, 2021
Households that feel they meet the above program criteria and want to be reviewed for the TBRA program will need to contact the Placer County 211 system by dialing 2-1-1 or 1-833-DIAL211. The 211 operators will go through a screening sheet to determine if the household is potentially eligible. All households that pass the screening will be referred over to Placer County and eligible applicants will be sent the TBRA Application to apply for assistance.