Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
- What is COVID-19?
- How does COVID-19 spread?
- How severe is COVID-19?
- What are the symptoms?
- When do I seek medical evaluation and advice?
- How can I protect myself from COVID-19?
- How is COVID-19 treated?
- I may have been exposed to coronavirus. What do I do?
- Should I wear a face mask in public?
- Who should get tested?
- What has changed about testing availability?
- Where can I get tested?
- Can individuals visit Placer County Public Health and test for coronavirus?
- I do not have health insurance and do not have a doctor. If I think I have contracted COVID-19, what do I do?
- What is a quarantine and why is it used?
- Is quarantine different from isolation?
- How does self-quarantine work?
- Can people in self-quarantine still have contact with their household members?
- What is the current situation in California and Placer County?
- What can I do to prepare for COVID-19?
- What is Public Health recommending to help contain the spread of COVID-19?
- Can you tell me more about what areas to avoid?
- What should I do if someone known to be exposed with coronavirus visits our facility?
- Where can I get an antibody test?
- How can I contribute to help those impacted by COVID-19?
- How can I access food, mental health, unemployment or other resources?
- What are antigen tests? Is it required to retest negative results with a PCR test?