Requesting Child Welfare Services (CWS) Records
Instructions for Requesting CWS/CPS Records
NOTE: Only individuals identified in WIC 10850, 827, 827.10 are allowed to receive copies of juvenile records. Such individuals include: the minor; the parent or guardian who is participating in a family law or probate guardianship case involving custody or visitation issues; the parent or guardian involved in a criminal or juvenile proceedings involving the minor; and the attorney for the parent, guardian or minor provided the attorney is actively participating in the family, probate, criminal or juvenile proceeding involving the minor.
1. Fill out the CWS Records Request Form below with as much information as possible, then print and sign the form. Please be advised that incomplete or inaccurate information may delay the processing of your request. Please be as detailed as possible when filling out the specific time period, as “All” will not be accepted.
2. Once completed, the request form and a valid photo ID must be submitted in person to any one of the three Child Welfare Offices:
|11716 Enterprise Drive|
Auburn, CA 95603
|1000 Sunset Blvd, Ste. 140|
Rocklin, CA 95765
|5225 No. Lake Blvd|
Carnelian Bay, CA 96140
3. A charge of $0.50 for the first page plus $0.25 per additional page is due upon receipt of the records. Records must be picked up in person. Payment must be made by Check or Money Order. Credit/Debit cards or cash will not be accepted. Please be advised that the charge per page is subject to change due to cost increases.
4. The Custodian of Records will notify you when your request is ready for pick-up as well as the amount due for payment.
5. Be prepared to show a valid photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State issued Identification Card, Passport, or Military ID when claiming your copies.
6. These instructions may be revised at any time. Please make sure to visit this page again should you need additional records in the future to ensure your request is submitted appropriately.
For questions, please contact the Custodian of Records at (530) 886-5444
For Attorneys or outside Agencies:
Please contact the Custodian of Records at (530) 886-5444
Note: Under Welfare and Institutions Code section 827, it is not legal to copy, publicly exhibit, show, display, provide copies of juvenile records, or attach the records to any reports or court filed documents, without prior approval of the Juvenile Court. Only parties listed in Welfare and Institutions Code sections 827 and 827.10 are allowed to receive copies of juvenile records. If the juvenile records are privileged or confidential pursuant to any other state law or federal law or regulation, that law or regulation shall prevail. Unlawful dissemination of juvenile records is a misdemeanor.