Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council
Please join us Thursday, August 26th at 6 pm for our monthly council meeting. The agenda for the meeting is attached with links and phone numbers to join the meeting. If you are a member of a Firewise Community we would love to hear about the activities your community is involved in.
This is an in-person meeting and we will also have a way to join virtually using the links below.
Join us at Colfax City Hall, 33 S. Main Street, Colfax at 6pm to join the meeting in person.
When: Thursday, August 26th, 6:00 PM
Join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device:
Please click this URL to join. https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82643475759
Or One tap mobile:+16699006833,,82643475759# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,82643475759# US (Houston)Or join by phone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 929 205 6099
Webinar ID: 826 4347 5759
Please bring your questions, comments, and concerns! We hope you can make it!
The vision of the Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council is that residents and property owners will plan and take steps so they and their families, and pets and livestock, will be safe during a wildfire, and all homes and businesses in the fire safe council area will be defensible.
The mission of the Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council is to:
- Educate the public about the risks and responsibilities associated with living in a Wildland Urban Interface Area (WUI), so they take effective action to reduce the risk of loss due to wildfire;
- Develop a Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) for the areas covered by the council;
- Collaborate with government agencies (both local and state), private groups, businesses, and individuals to implement the CWPP;
- Promote fuel reduction programs and other fire safe projects, which provide a safer environment in the event of a wildfire;
- Actively participate with the Placer County Fire Safe Alliance and the California Fire Safe Council; and
- Actively encourage public participation.
The Placer Sierra Fire Safe Council meets at 6:00 pm on the 4th Thursday of each month, generally meeting at Colfax City Council Chambers. Because of Covid-19 restrictions, a Zoom link is provided to meet virtually.