Tahoe Planning Services

The Planning Services Division and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) work together to process permits in the Tahoe Basin based on the provisions of the Memorandum of Understanding between the two agencies.

Please Note

  • Planners are unavailable at the public counter on Tuesdays.
  • The public counter is closed from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. every Wednesday.
  • The office does not accept applications, fees, or issue permits after 4:30 p.m.

Planning Documents

The Placer County Zoning Ordinance applies to all land uses and development within the unincorporated areas of Placer County.

The Tahoe Basin Area Plan Implementing Regulations apply within the boundaries of the Tahoe Basin.

Tahoe Basin / TRPA Applications

The documents below are in PDF format.

TRPA Regional Update Maps