The Bickford Ranch Specific Plan (BRSP) is a master planned community with residential, parks, public facilities and open space land uses located within an approximately 1,927.9-acre plan area. The Board of Supervisors originally approved the BRSP in 2001 following certification of the Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR). In 2004, an Addendum to the EIR was prepared to address minor revisions to the project.
In 2015, the Bickford Ranch Specific Plan was amended to:
- Eliminate the golf course and related facilities
- Eliminate the high-density residential site
- Eliminate the Village Commercial site
- Reduce the overall development footprint by increasing open space areas while maintaining the same 1,890 residential units as originally approved
The Board of Supervisors approved the modifications to the BRSP in December 2015 following adoption of the 2015 Addendum and Errata to the certified Final Environmental Impact Report and Addendum. The 2015 Bickford Ranch Specific Plan approvals included the:
- BRSP Specific Plan
- Design Guidelines
- Development Agreement
- Development Standards
- Large Lot Vesting Tentative Map
The BRSP project is anticipated to be built-out in three phases over 15 to 20 years.