- Departments A - D
- Community Development
- Planning Services
- Martis Valley West Parcel Project
Martis Valley West Parcel Project
The Martis Valley West Parcel Specific Plan (MVWPSP) proposes residential and commercial uses on a portion of the West Parcel, and would permanently preserve the East Parcel as open space. The project proposes the transfer of 760 units and 6.6 acres of commercial from the designated development of 1,360 units and 6.6 acres of commercial on the East Parcel (under the existing Martis Valley Community Plan) to the West Parcel. A portion of the West Parcel (662 acres) would be rezoned from Timberland Production (TPZ) to Residential, allowing for the development of residential units and associated commercial, homeowner amenities, and small community retail uses. The remaining 390 acres on the West Parcel would remain designated Forest and would be zoned TPZ. The MVWPSP provides a comprehensive set of goals and policies, project objectives and implementation measures to guide the development of the West Parcel, and establishes Development Standards for parcel layout, buildings, and facilities, as well as Design Guidelines for architecture, landscaping, and other project elements.
A component of the MVWPSP is the conservation of the 6,376-acre East Parcel. The MVWPSP proposes the permanent retirement of 600 allowable units and redesignation of the 670 acres of the East Parcel currently zoned for development to Forest. The mechanism for preserving the East Parcel would consist of either (1) sale of the East Parcel to a land trust or similar organization, or (2) recordation of a conservation easement restricting use of the East Parcel.
- 2015 Draft Environmental Impact Report - Public review ended December 22, 2015
- 2016 Draft Specific Plan
- Martis Valley Community Plan Environmental Impact Reports from 2003
- Planning Commission Public Comments Transcript - November 19, 2015
- Presentations: September 23rd (PDF) (Town of Truckee) and September 10th (PDF) (LAFCO)
- Revised Initial Study (PDF) - March 2, 2015
- Revised Notice of Preparation - March 30, 2015
Stacy Wydra, Staff Planner
Email Stacy Wydra