Permit Research

There are four ways to conduct permit research for landuse-based permits in the unincorporated areas of Placer County:

  • Building Permit Research Request Form
  • Citizen Access Portal
  • Electronic Document Search
  • Online Public Records Request

Building Permits Research Request Form

Request research on building permits in unincorporated Placer County by submitting a Building Permit Research Request Form (PDF).

Citizen Access Portal

The Citizen Access Portal website has a search mode for Building, Planning, Engineering, Sewer, Public Works, and Tahoe permitting and Land Capability Verifications. You can view active and historic permit details, but not view the actual application.

Note: In the "Start Date" field, you'll see more results if you change the date to January 1, 1900, unless you know the specific year the permit was filed.

Electronic Document Search

The Electronic Document Search website provides public access to Building, Planning, Environmental Health, and Clerk of the Board (of Supervisors) documents that have been scanned into the system. Additional permits are being added as time permits. You can sort and filter the provided search results by clicking on the down arrow next to the column heading.

Viewing Options

To view documents, you can either:

  • Click on the "Download Document as PDF" link below the "Document Information" table.
  • Click on the "View" icon next to the PDF documents to see that record, "View File" to open the document, and then choose "File" in the menu bar to save or print the file.

Online Public Records Request

The NextRequest Online Public Records Request System is an online system for submitting a Public Records Request to Community Development.

GIS & Zoning Information

Our Online GIS System provides mapping information on zoning and land use designations for a parcel.