About Our County
Information about Placer County
- 1,506 square miles in size
- 6 incorporated cities and towns
- Auburn is the county seat
- Established as a county in April 1851
- Population in January 2007: 324,495
The county has a healthy economy, good schools, safe neighborhoods, beautiful scenery, and lots of recreational opportunities. This information will explain why our county is such a great place to live, work and play.
- City and Community Links
- Contact Us
- County Archives
- County Maps
- Economic Development and Growth
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about our County
- The Placer County Charter
- Placer County History
- Visiting Our County
Placer County Government Vision
To be a county government known for providing exceptional local and regional leadership, that works in partnership with the community to develop creative solutions to the diverse issues facing our region, and bestows to current and future generations even better communities in which to live, raise families, work, vacation, and conduct business.
Placer County Government Mission
To provide responsive, efficient and effective public services that promote the health, safety, well-being and prosperity of our citizens while protecting our environmental resources and preserving the rich heritage of our region.