Inspection Forms & Checklists
Forms & Information
Open Conditions of Approval
For important final inspection information and instructions on how to determine your permit’s Open Conditions of Approval, visit the Placer County Online Permits Portal.
Field Inspection Areas & Building Inspectors
- Inspection Records - Visit the Placer County Online Permits Portal.
- List of Building Inspectors and Contact Information (PDF)
- Stormwater and Required Job Site Mud Control (PDF)
- Structural Observation - Structural Observation is required on all residential structures 5,000 square feet or more per California Building Code (CBC) Chapter 17. The Architect or Engineer of record performing the Structural Observation is to provide, in addition to the reports required by CBC Chapter 17, a final written report that will be retained as part of the permanent Building Permit file. The final report must certify that the entire structural system complies with the approved plans and designers specifications. The wet-stamped final report will be required prior to the frame inspection by the Building Division stating that the foundation construction and the lateral shear resisting system is approved without any exceptions.
Handouts - General Information
Check out Commercial and Residential Handouts.
Special Inspection & Testing
- Re-Roof Inspection Information (PDF)
- Roofing - Class "A" Fire Retardant Checklist (PDF)
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Final Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency Pre-Grade Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Declaration of Installation for Carbon Monoxide Alarms and Smoke Alarms (PDF)
- Solar/Photovoltaic Checklist (PDF)
The following checklists are to be reviewed for completion by the contractor/owner prior to scheduling an inspection. Each item is to be checked as “OK” or “N/A.” The person reviewing these items will need to sign and date this form. Present the completed form to the Building Inspector prior to commencing the inspection.
Notes to Consider
- Warning: In the Tahoe office only, failure to complete this form will delay the inspection and necessitate a re-inspection fee. Prior to this inspection, all required sequential inspections and correction notices must be completed. These are not all-inclusive lists and additional items may be required as determined during the inspection.
- This inspection cannot be phased: At time of this inspection all work shall be completed.
- Partial and phased inspections: Partial and phased inspections identified during the inspection process will require additional inspection fees per PC ORD 15.04.050 G.2.
California Residential Code (CRC) & Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Checklists
- Drywall CRC Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Final CRC Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Floor Joist-Underfloor CRC Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Foundation-Slab CRC Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Frame-Rough CRC Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Shear-Roof Sheathing CRC Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- TRPA Final Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- TRPA Pre-Grade Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Wildland Urban Interface CRC Inspection Checklist (PDF)