Mental Health Services
Placer County Adult System of Care provides an array of mental health and supportive services for those who live with mental illness. Services are individually designed to help you achieve your personal recovery goals. Services are provided to Placer County Medi-Cal beneficiaries and Placer County residents with no insurance.
Other insurance situations may be considered on a case by case basis. To be eligible for services you must also have a current or past qualifying diagnosis that impairs your level of functioning.
- Behavioral and Physical Healthcare Coordination
- Crisis Services
- Family Supports and Resources
- Group and Individual Therapy
- Wellness Centers are Temporarily Closed
- Housing Assistance
- Linkage to Community Resources
- Medication Assistance
- Mental Health Assessment
- Mental Health Court/Conditional Release Program (PDF)
- Peer Supports and Social Groups
Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) allows Placer County to provide intensive, court-ordered treatment in the community for individuals with severe mental illness who would otherwise be unable to obtain timely interventions. To qualify for AOT services a person must meet specific criteria. Please see our brochure (PDF) for more information.
You are entitled to:
- Be treated with consideration and respect
- Have your services provided in a safe environment
- Participate in the planning of your service and treatment
- Request a change of case manager or therapist
- Receive interpreter services as needed free of charge. Family members will not be expected to interpret or provide an interpreter
- Receive services that are sensitive to cultural differences, religious preferences, sexual orientation, or disabilities
You have the responsibility to:
- Exhibit considerate and respectful behavior to staff and providers
- Respect the rights, property, and environment of all staff, providers, and other clients
- Provide complete, accurate information
- Keep appointments on time and, if unable to do so, notify the service provider
- Pay for services if required
In-Person appointments for the screening clinic will be available again beginning May 18, 2021. Telehealth appointments will also still be available by calling 1-888-886-5401.