Renew & Place Holds
To access all of the help options for using the online the catalog visit the 'How do I...' page on the catalog and select the topic you need assistance with.
To log-in or access your account you will need your library card number and password/pin.
Renew an Item
Open the Library Catalog and click on 'Log In' (top right of library catalog page), or, access your account using the button below.
- Log into your account with your Library card number and PIN.
- The "Items Out" on you account should appear when you login
- TO RENEW SPECIFIC ITEMS: Click one or more check-boxes to select the titles you want to renew. Click the "Renew Selected Items" button.
- TO RENEW ALL ITEMS: Click the "Renew All Items" button; you do not have to click any boxes.
- Your renewals will be confirmed, or you will be told which items cannot be renewed.
- You may also renew items in person and by telephone.
Items that have already been renewed twice or have a hold on them are not eligible for renewal. Non-renewable items need to be returned to the Library as soon as possible. There is a $0.25 charge per item per day. Instead, please contact us.
Place a Hold
Open the Library Catalog.
- Run a search in the catalog.
- After finding the item you want, click the "Place Request" option near the item of your choice.
- Enter Library card number and PIN when prompted.
- Select the branch where you'd like to pick up your hold.
- If you want the item as soon as possible leave the activation date as the current date. If you want the hold to be filled at a future date you can set the activation date to the desired date (this is the date when the system will attempt to fill the hold).
- You will be notified when your hold is available.
You may not be able to place a hold if an item is still in processing. If your first selection is checked out, look for other editions of the same title that may be available sooner. You may be able to find the same item with a different binding, or copyright date. Library staff can place holds for you as well, either by telephone, or in the library.
Change Your Password
Open the Library Catalog.
- Click on "Log In" located top right side of page.
- Enter your library card number and current password. (If this is your first time logging into the new catalog (Released February 20, 2019), your password was reset to the last four digits of the phone number on your account.)
- Under the "My Account" tab, select the "My Record" option.
- Click on "Change Logon" near the bottom of the page.
- Check the box next to "Change Password".
- Enter the old password, then enter the new desired password and verify the new password.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Log out of your library account and log back in to test your new password.
If you have forgotten your password and have an e-mail listed on your account you can use the "Forgot your password?" option on the account log-in screen. If you do not have an e-mail listed on your account, you can change your password by visiting your local library with your library card or valid ID. Passwords cannot be changed over the phone.
Having trouble? Please contact us during business hours.