Building Services DIVISION
Public Counter Services Limited
Due to COVID-19 our Community Development Resource Agency’s public counter is closed until April 12th or as determined. But our eServices digital suite is available to keep your projects moving. Submit applications for residential and commercial development projects, all online. You can also look up zoning requirements, apply for permits and more from the comfort of your home or business. Anywhere, anytime, online. https://www.placer.ca.gov/eservices
At this time building inspections may be scheduled using the normal processes - https://www.placer.ca.gov/2220/Inspections.
What We Do
We provide and process building permits, review plans, and inspect construction in the unincorporated areas of Placer County to verify that work complies with building codes for safe and habitable structures.
"Helping the community build safe and sustainable dreams through high quality customer service, certainty, engagement, and transparently adaptable standards."
Save Time When You Visit Our Public Counter! *Unavailable at this time*
You can now schedule an appointment or simply join the line before you arrive. Choose your nearest office to get started.
- Auburn Office
- Tahoe Office
mPOWER is a program providing financing for residential and non-residential property owners to make energy efficiency improvements.
- Are building services available with the COVID-19 closures?
- Are building inspections available with the COVID-19 closures?
- What should I do if my permit has expired?
- What should I do if my permit is going to expire and I cannot complete the project before it will expire?
- What should I do if my first extension is going to expire and I cannot complete the project?
- What should I do if my second extension is going to expire?
- Do I need to apply for a Minor Use Permit to continue the use of the temporary dwelling when extending my building permit?
- Do I need a permit for a storage shed or small building?
- What are the minimum residential stairway requirements?
- Is a permit required to replace a deck?
- Does the County require engineering when replacing composition roof covering with tile?
- Are there pressure testing requirements for Polyethylene, Iron, or Copper water distribution systems?
- What are the driveway construction requirements?
- How do I determine setback requirements?
- How do you locate leach lines for septic systems?
- What can be installed in an easement?
- What are the minimum depth requirement for sewer, gas, water, and electrical lines/conduits?
- Can water, sewer, gas, or electrical be placed in the same trench?
- How do you abandon a septic system?
- How do I check my plan review status?
- How do I know what time my inspection will be?
- What qualifies as an agricultural building?
- Who can provide the requirements for a secondary residence/guest house/in-law quarters?
- How do I schedule an inspection?
- Where do I find the requirements for swimming pool fencing/barriers?
- What are the plan checking turn-around (time to complete review) standards?
- When can I talk to a Plan Checker or Building Inspector?