Food & Nutrition Assistance
Options to Access Services
Your safety and the safety of our staff are important to us. Most of your needs can be met online or by phone. We appreciate your help to keep us all safe.
- You do not have to come into our office to apply for benefits.
- You can turn in your verifications online or in the drop boxes located in the front of our buildings.
To apply for benefits you may submit an application:
- Online- https://benefitscal.com/
- By Fax- (916) 784-6100
- By Mail- P.O. Box 20400, Auburn CA 95604
To get general benefit information, ask case questions, or speak to an Eligibility Specialist, you may call our Call Center at:
You may also use this number to:
- Request forms
- Request a new BIC or EBT card
- Get benefit information or a status update on your case
- Request an application for benefits
- Add someone to your case
- Change your address
- Help with your Mybenefits Calwin account
Placer County offers two supplemental nutrition programs.
The CalFresh Program, federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and formerly known as Food Stamps, can add to your food budget to put healthy and nutritious food on the table. The program issues monthly benefits on a “debit card” that can be used to buy most foods at many markets and food stores. The CalFresh Program helps to improve the health and well-being of qualified households and individuals by providing them a means to meet their nutritional needs.
Women, Infants & Children
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) operates under the Public Health division and is a federally-funded health and nutrition program for women, infants, and children. WIC helps families by providing:
- Help finding healthcare and other community services
- Nutrition education
- Vouchers to buy healthy supplemental foods from WIC-authorized vendors
Participants must meet income guidelines and be pregnant women, new mothers, infants or children under age five.