Placer County’s Legislative Platform is a summary of the priorities of the Board of Supervisors and establishes the basis for its advocacy efforts with the Executive and Legislative branches of the U.S. Government and the State of California regarding legislation and regulation.
The annual Platform contains general principles, key issues, and specific proposals of interest for the legislative year. Implementation of the Platform throughout the legislative year is structured to proactively frame sponsorship, support, and advocacy regarding key legislative and regulatory priorities while also monitoring numerous bills. Actions are taken through collaboration with subject matter experts in departments, engagement of elected-officials and other interested parties.
State and Federal Legislative Contacts
County Legislative Advocacy Contracts
Letters Regarding County Position on State and Federal Legislation - 2020
Letters Regarding County Position on State and Federal Legislation - 2019
- SB 139 (Allen) Independent redistricting commissions - OPPOSE - Request for Governor Veto
- AB 891 (Burke) Public property: safe parking program - OPPOSE - Request for Governor Veto
- Letter of Concern on Availability and Affordability on Homeowners' Fire Insurance
- AB 402 (Quirk) Optional LPA Fund Stabilization SUPPORT Letter
- IHSS MOE Proposal: Request to Link Collective Bargaining to Reduced County MOE Inflation Factor (PDF)
- SB 474 (Stern) Habitat Conservation Fund SUPPORT
- AB 1672 (Bloom), Solid Waste: Flushable Products SUPPORT Letter
- AB 1413 (Gloria) Transportation SUPPORT Letter
- CDFA CA Biodiversity Initiative BCP SUPPORT Letter
- Revised County IHSS Maintenance of Effort SUPPORT Letter