Special Event Insurance

Requirements for rental of county-owned locations:

  • $1,000,000 Liability Insurance Policy
  • Placer County listed as an Additional Insured

Both requirements must be met to rent the facility. $1,000,000 Liquor Liability Insurance is required if alcohol will be present/served.

Use of Personal Homeowner's Insurance

Your personal Homeowner’s Insurance may offer coverage. It is your responsibility to contact them with the following requirements:

  • Certificate of Insurance shall be a minimum of $1,000,000 liability coverage.
  • Certificate Holder shall be:
    Placer County
    145 Fulweiler Avenue
    Suite 100
    Auburn, CA 95603
  • Additional Insured Endorsement naming Placer County.
  • Please include the location and date of event on the certificate.

Additional Insured Endorsement

An additional insured endorsement is a separate page attached to the certificate which states, "This Endorsement Changes the Policy." Your insurance carrier may charge an additional fee for the “Additional Insured Endorsement.” The Additional Insured Endorsement should include the following language:

  • “The County of Placer, its officers, agents, and employees, is named as additional insured for all liability arising out of the operations by or on behalf of the named insured in the performance of this Agreement.”

Please be advised that the insurance provided is primary coverage of the County of Placer with respect to any insurance or self-insurance programs maintained by the County, and no insurance held or owned by the County shall be called upon to contribute to a loss.