- Departments A - D
- County Executive Office
- Revenue Services
- Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT)
- Pay Transient Occupancy Tax
Pay Transient Occupancy Tax
To keep your account current, you must submit a worksheet and a payment, if applicable, to Revenue Services for each reporting period.
What if I didn't have any rentals for a reporting period?
Even if you did not rent your property during a given reporting period and your rental income for that period is zero, you are still required to submit a worksheet. Complete the worksheet with zeros in each of the revenue fields.
When is my Transient Occupancy Tax due?
Your TOT payment and worksheet are due on or before the last day of the month following the end of each quarter. If the due date falls on a United States Post Office Closure date, the tax due date will be the next business day (excluding federal holidays). Below are the filing deadlines for each quarter:
Tax Filing Deadlines
|Quarter||Taxes Due (Postmark or Email Date)||Delinquent After|
|July 1 to September 30||October 1||October 31|
|October 1 to December 31||January 1||January 31|
|January 1 to March 31||April 1||April 30|
|April 1 to June 30||July 1||July 31|
How to submit your worksheet and payment
1. Fill out the appropriate worksheet for the correct quarter using the dates above as reference
- Individual Homeowners: Use this tax worksheet
- Management Companies: Use this tax worksheet
2. Submit the completed worksheet and payment to Revenue Services in one of the following ways:
- Mail: Mail the worksheet to Revenue Services at the address listed on the worksheet, accompanied by a check, cashier's check, or money order made out to County of Placer, Revenue Services. You can also complete a Debit Authorization Form and send this with the worksheet. This will allow our office to process an in-house check at no additional fee. The authorization form can be found here: TOT Forms. Once we have this form on file for you, you can check the box to authorize our office to use that information for future payments on Line 9 of the worksheet
- Email: Email the worksheet to Revenue Services at TOT@placer.ca.gov. You can then go to Official Payments, here , to make a payment using a debit or credit card (Discover, MasterCard, VISA and American Express accepted), or an electronic fund transfer (EFT). For processing the payment transaction, you will be informed of any charges and fees before you authorize payment. The fee is non-refundable. The fee table is below:
- Credit Card payments: $2.50 for transactions from $1.00 to $100, 2.75% on transactions of $100.01 or more
- Debit Card payments: $1.00 for transactions from $1.00 to $100, 1.75% on transactions of $100.01 or more
- Electronic Fund Transfer payments/E-checks: $0.75 per transaction (E-checks only accepted online or by phone)
- Online: Report and remit completely online here: https://placer-ca-str.deckard.com/. If you choose this option, you do notneed to send a separate worksheet. The fee table for payments made through the Deckard online-only payment portal is below:
- Credit or Debit Card payments: 2.9% of the total plus an additional $0.30
- Electronic Fund Transfer payments: 0.8% of the total, capped at $5.00, plus a $1.50 account verification fee
Reminder: Revenue Services must receive both a TOT worksheet and payment, if applicable, to credit your account correctly.
Any item returned by your bank may result in an additional fee of $65 being charged to you per Placer County Ordinance 5527-B.