Pay Transient Occupancy Tax
The Governor’s March 19, 2020 Executive Order (N-33-20) remains in effect until further notice, which requires that individuals stay home or at their place of residence except as needed to maintain continuity of operations of the critical infrastructure sectors. Essential critical infrastructure does not include commercial use of a short-term rental unless the unit is used to provide COVID-19 mitigation or containment measures, or is for housing COVID-19 essential workers. Short-term rental owners should immediately discontinue renting units and must comply with the Governor’s Executive Order to help our community stem the spread of the novel coronavirus. For the most current updates and information on COVID-19, go to: https://www.placer.ca.gov/coronavirus.
Revenue Services must receive both worksheet and payment to credit your account correctly. Any item returned by your bank may result in an additional fee of $65 being charged to you per Placer County Ordinance 5527-B.
Make an online payment using a debit or credit card (Discover, MasterCard, VISA and American Express accepted), or an electronic fund transfer (EFT). For processing the payment transaction, you will be informed of any charges and fees before you authorize payment. The fee is non-refundable. See fee table:
- Credit Card payments: $1 or 2.25% per transaction
- Debit Card payments: $3.49 per transaction
- Electronic Fund Transfer payments: $0.75 per transaction
Avoid Online Payment Fees
- Pay by mail: Make check, cashier's check or, money order payable to Placer County Revenue Services and include your account number
- Sign up for automatic payments
Sign Up for Automatic Payment
If you would like to sign up for an automatic payment for the amount of taxes due, submit a one-time authorization form (PDF) and voided check to Revenue Services. When you submit each new worksheet (PDF), check the authorization box.
You can submit the worksheet online, by mail, fax or email.
- Individual Homeowners: Mail this tax worksheet (PDF) and any payment due on or before the due date.
- Management Companies: Mail this tax worksheet (XLS) and any payment due on or before the due date.
Mac Users Filling out Worksheets
Please use Adobe Reader/ Professional to fill these PDF forms. Do not use PDF Preview. Preview causes incomplete information to be submitted and shows up as blank fields.